Bible studies and devotions are posted on my blog/Home page. Join me each week for our current study;
Part I: ASK
LORD, WHO DO YOU SAY THAT I AM?
- (I.1) Ask, Seek, Knock and Take Action (print, ask-seek-knock-action-1)
- (I.2) Washing the doubt away (print, washing-doubt-away-1)
- (I.3) Comfort for God’s People (print, comfort-for-gods-people-3)
- (I.4) Struggling with Sin (print, struggling-with-sin-pdf plus ten-commandments)
- (I.5) Christ our Salvation (Christ-our-salvation pdf)
WHO ARE WOMEN OF NOBLE CHARACTER?
- (I.6) Old Testament Women ~ A WOMAN BY DESIGN (a-woman-of-design pdf)
- (I.7) New Testament Women ~ A SUBMISSIVE WOMAN (a-submissive-woman pdf)
- (I.8) Women of Today ~ CALL ME WOMAN (call-me-woman pdf
Part II: SEEK (His Word)
JOURNEY THROUGH PROVERBS 31
- Attaining Wisdom and Discipline from the Proverbs
- (II.1) A HEARING HEART (WISDOM) pdf
- A Wife of Noble Character Who Can Find?
- (II.2) Proverbs 31:10 ~ AUTHORITY IS UPON HER LIPS pdf
- Unraveling Proverbs 31:10-31 verse by verse.
Part III: KNOCK
REFINING YOUR CHARACTER AS YOU WAIT UPON THE LORD
- Don’t forget to Remember
- The ‘S’ word (submission can be beautiful)
- Helpmate ‘Ezer’
- Your purpose
Part 4: ACTION
LEADING BY THE EXAMPLE HE HAS SHOWN YOU
- Titus 2:3-5
- Mathew 28
More than just a Bible study
I am so excited to share this Bible study with you! Defining Your Noble Character is more than just a Bible study. It is discovering who God sees you as and taking it to the next level.
As women we go through many seasons of life that can pull us in many directions. Sometimes we feel as if we lose our identity in the shuffle of these seasons. This is how I found myself years ago wondering if my character was of any worth. Sounds kind of gloomy I know but I believe that we have all been there, unfortunately.
If you are looking for a weekly devotion that encourages you to dig deeper into God’s Word and gives you time to do so, then I hope you have found the right study. As a busy homeschool mom of four extremely energetic children and a house to manage, believe me when I say, time is precious. How we chose to spend our valuable free time should be (in my opinion) focused on building upon our character and quenching our thirsty souls with the Word of God, as well as encouraging our fellow sisters-in-Christ to do the same.
What you will need for this Bible study;
- Journal (keep your thoughts, prayers and answers so you can look back on)
- Email/access to this blog (subscribe and make it easy as the lessons will come to you)
- Time (the beauty of this study is that you can read it like a devotion and/or you can go in-depth with this study. It’s up to you.
Defining Your Noble Character, a brief summary.
Part I: ASK
Before you can begin to unravel your noble character, you will need to examine yourself as you are today.
Make a short list or statement in your study journal of who you are. It is important that you write down what you can about yourself before we begin your character study. This is between you and the Lord, be truthful and honest with yourself. Remember this is not who you want to be, it is who you are right now at this very moment.
At the end of your study you will take a second look at this journal entry, you will then state anything that has changed in defining your character. Most importantly I pray that you will see yourself as God sees you. Allow the Lord to show you who you are, what you were created to be and why He came to save you for His own.
Second, we will take a look at a few women of the Bible who show by example their Noble Character. I also hope to have a nice discussion of the Noble Characters in your life as well as mine.
Part II: SEEK
Like the Fruits of the Spirit are many, so are the virtues of a Noble Woman. You may not obtain them all but you will (I hope) begin to understand what character strength’s you have and those that you can improve on. This journey through Proverbs 31 will be a lot different from your average study. I hope to engage you with a little more action as we study each verse one week at a time.
For example; she rises while it is yet night and provides food for her husband and portions for her maidens. (Pr.31:15) For this particular week try getting up before the rest of your family, make breakfast and plan dinner. (This may sound like a no brainer for some, but there are those of us who like to procrastinate, a lot.)
Part III: KNOCK
By this time in the Bible study I trust that you have found the time to Ask the Lord what it is you are Seeking for in His Word and have been faithfully guided there. In this part of our study you are encouraged to refine what you have learned about your noble character. My hope is that your ears will be open to hear God’s truth about some truly wonderful virtue’s that God has given to woman.
Part IV: ACTION
Now that you have taken the time to Define Your Noble Character, GO, lead by the example God has shown you in His Word. Live abundantly wherever the Lord has placed you and be blessed. In whatever season of life you are in, trust that God has made you His own and that he has a plan and a purpose for you.
Looking for more? My previous Bible studies can be found at Women of Faith Study.
You can search this blog for Bible studies on the following;
The Fruit’s of The Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23.
If you have any questions please ask.